There are three terminals on Salt Spring, served by ferries from three ports:
Tsawwassen ferry terminal, just south of Vancouver, serves Long Harbour ferry terminal on Salt Spring, as well as Swartz Bay terminal on Vancouver Island.
Swartz Bay terminal, about 30 minutes north of Victoria, serves Fulford Harbour on Salt Spring Island, Tsawwassen, and the outer Gulf Islands
Crofton Ferry Terminal, near Duncan on Vancouver Island, serves Vesuvius on Salt Spring
Schedules, fares, reservation information and special sailings are all available at:
- Phone: 1-888-BC Ferry (1-888-223-3779) from anywhere in North America
- BCF (223) from your cell phone on Rogers or Telus Mobility Networks
- 1-250-386-3431 from outside North America
Black Ball Ferry Line
Serves Port Angeles, WA to Victoria, B.C.
- Phone (Victoria): 1-250-386-2202
- Phone (Port Angeles): 1-360-457-4491
Washington State Ferries
Serves Anacortes, WA to Sidney, B.C.
- Phone (WA): 1-888-808-7977
- Phone (Out of State): 1-206-464-6400
Serves Seattle, WA to Victoria, B.C.
Salt Spring Island is accessible by floatplane from downtown Vancouver, Vancouver International Airport and Seattle, WA.
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-5525
- Phone (Vancouver): 1-604-274-1277
- Phone (Toll Free): 1-800-665-0212
Salt Spring Island Information Services
Salt Spring Chamber of Commerce
Salt Spring Visitor Information Center
Local Community Website featuring things to do and current events:
Salt Spring Island Transit System and Ferry Shuttle Bus Service
Amber Cab Company
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-3277
Silver Shadow Taxi
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-3030
Kayak Rentals, Tours, Equipment and Mountain Bikes
Western Splendour Tour Company - Guided Day Tours of Salt Spring Island
Salt Spring Adventure Company
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-2764
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-2557
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-2571
- Phone (Salt Spring): 1-250-537-0700
Salt Spring is an island rich in festivals. To name just a few... there's the Jazz Festival, Apple Festival, Garlic Festival, Wine Stomp, Folk Music Festival, the Film Festival, Lavender Festival, Fulford Days, and the original Fall Fair that shows off the contemporary version of our rural heritage on Salt Spring
The Salt Spring Chamber of Commerce, listed above, maintains a very thorough calendar of events
Our world famous Saturday Market, open seasonally Saturdays from Easter through October: www.saltspringmarket.com